Monday 27 November 2017

Agnes

Back to simple sewing again.  I made not one, but two Tilly and the Buttons Agneses (Agnii??) this weekend.  Not very much to say about them,  except that this is one of my favourite top patterns, its smooth and close fitting and is perfect for layering.  I had bought some beautiful flamingo fabric on Thursday, and I was going to cut that out on Saturday morning, but I suddenly realised that I hadn't washed it, and although it was tempting to cut it out without bothering, well, we know how that sometimes pans out, don't we?
So, as I'd got all organised and ready with my pattern, I had a hunt round to find what was washed - and I found some bunny fabric I'd bought sometime last year.  
Oh yes, very age appropriate, as usual.  I used my slightly adapted pattern - a size 5, graduated to a size 4 at the hips.  
I've mentioned before that I don't really go in at the waist, or indeed out at the hips.  When you look at those 'know your shape' guides, I'm not a pear, or an apple, or a triangle, or a rectangle.  I'm more a lumpy tube.  Or, if I must be a vegetable, maybe a cucumber, gradually transitioning towards a marrow.
Oh, and I lengthened the sleeves by a smidge too.  Anyway, it was all done very quickly, all made up on the overlocker, apart from the neckline and the hems, which I topstitched with a twin needle.


I had left my cutting board out on the dining room table, so that I was already to go  on Sunday morning with the washed and ironed flamingo fabric

I was up and dressed by 7am, and by the time I went out at 9.30 I had another Agnes.
Very satisfying.  and enough left of the bunny fabric to made a dress for Gracie, once I've taken a pattern from one of her dresses.  Much more age appropriate.


Agnes - Johnny Flynn

4 comments:

  1. There was me thinking how fabulous that bunny fabric looked... which says a lot about my age appropriate good taste too! I've learned the hard way about not washing fabric...I had to lose half a stone to rectify the problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them both Gill - those bunnies are so cute! I wish I was only half as productive as you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pattern Gill and I really like the bunnies - you've got it down to a fine art now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. McAfee Activate – Steps by steps for downloading, installing and activating your McAfee activate antivirus by redeeming the valid license keycode from – mcafee.com/activate

    ReplyDelete