Monday 19 September 2011

Been A Long Time

Ooh, it's been ages, hasn't it?  I had a couple of long weekends in Norfolk with my folks, and I have done a fair amount of pottering, in the garden and in my shed studio posh shed.  I have been working in my summer sketchbook, as set by Gina.  We had to choose a colour we wouldn't normally use, so being a bit of a pink/purple/orange girl - I went for blue.  Just a few pages from my book...
watercolours + salt
.
watercolours + wax crayon or candle resists

watercolour + glitter glue
carrot prints (it probably won't come as any surprise that I didn't have a potato to hand!)


some simple stencilling (does it look like a face to you or have I just got a vivid imagination?)
a bit of everything - including glitter paint carrot prints
more wax crayon resists

and some printing using Pressprint which I really like

I've still got quite a few pages to fill - and I'm determined to fill this one, as it has to become the basis for a finished piece of work.  Well, that's the plan, anyway.
I've also been busily knitting and sewing, and on Sunday having finished the jacket I've been knitting, I needed to sew it together. I was just about to start, when, on a whim, I decided to reorganise my bedroom, because the sun shines in there in the mornings, and it was a lovely day.  So, although there isn't really room for a chair,  I started shifting the furniture about. (God, where does all that dust come from??)  It's a very small room, and at one point I found myself trapped in the corner and had to clamber over several pieces of furniture, whilst carrying the cleaner (that's a vacuum cleaner, obviously - I don't have 'staff').  Anyway, it all came good in the end, and I was able to sit in the sunshine by the window and stitch.  
I'm pleased with my knitted jacket - and I even found some buttons in my stash, courtesy of my little sister, that were just perfect for the job.
And, having sewn them on, I realised that the holes were big enough for me to thread ribbon through if I wanted to.  Maybe that's a bit of an odd design feature, - or maybe I should just choose different ribbon. Anyway, the option's there, should the fancy take me.
And then all I had to do was sew some chunky rickrack round the neck of my 'sixties' style dress, that I'd also finished sewing that morning.
Who says I never finish anything?

Been A Long Time - The Black Crowes

5 comments:

  1. I love that second image of the wax resist and watercolours, but all your sketchbook pages look fabulous. Great jacket but I'm not sure the ribbon adds anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to have you back. Well you have been busy. Lots of lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to have you back. Your sketchbook work is great and I can see the face.The jacket is lovely just what you need for this weather. You have been very busy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. its been such fun to catch up on all your news. I love all the heart printing stuff...you can never have too many hearts ...and carrot printing....well that sounds great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some fab samples in your sketchbook. It's a good discipline to fill a book with different things and surprises always happen that lead to more "what iffing". Love your cardi and the buttons ... so special ... but I ADORE THE DRESS!

    sending hugest hugs to you and I sent an email

    xx

    ReplyDelete