Wednesday 25 January 2012

Wuthering Heights

Having seen a brilliant film last week, I was looking forward to seeing Wuthering Heights today.
I have to say that as far as I'm concerned it was a complete disappointment.  No criticism of the actors - but the way that the film was shot and the very limited dialogue just left me cold. In fact, if the cinema hadn't been as chilly as those wild and windy moors, I don't doubt I'd have nodded off. I'm afraid that personally I couldn't wait for Cathy to die.  When I came out I heard a couple of girls asking one another if they'd cried at the end.  Cried??? I was ready to let out a cheer!
Don't let me put you off though - I've just read some of the film critic reviews and they thought it was marvellous.
Oh well, each to their own.

Wuthering Heights - Kate Bush

2 comments: